International students from outside the EU, EEA and Switzerland will need visa or residence permit to study in Czech Republic. Students of Milestone College of Business are required to apply for a long terms visa for other purposes (with „Education“  specified in the long term visa application form). This is not a study visa but an „educational“ visa granted for up to 12  months  with the possibility to be extended in the Czech Republic.

Visa/residence permit application requirements

  • In general, applicants must submit their applications in person at the Czech Embassy/Consulate in their country of origin or a country in which they have a residence permit. Overview for all countries:
  • The Embassy is entitled to request that foreign nationals submit the applications a specific period in advance and may also require an interview. 
  • The Czech Ministry of the Interior will usually decide whether to accept or reject visa/residence permit applications for other purposes within 3-4 months. 
  • All supporting documents must be submitted in original or as certified photocopies. Documents in languages other than Czech must be officially translated into Czech. No document should be more than 180 days old. 

Required documentation

  • Completed and signed application form with 2 passport-sized photographs: application forms are to be downloaded here:
  • Travel document: passport valid for at least 90 days after the expected end of stay in the Czech Republic.
  • Evidence of purpose of stay: confirmation of Acceptance to Study/Education 
  • Evidence of sufficient funds: bank account in your name or original credit card statement, the requirement is minimum 90.000 CZK for long term residence permit and 110.000 CZK for long term visa.
  • Confirmation of accommodation: document confirming your accommodation for the required period of stay in the Czech Republic (
  • Criminal Record check: evidence that the applicant has no record in the Criminal Register of the country that issued his/her passport and any other country/countries where s/he has resided during last 3 years for more than 6 months. 
  • Health/Medical Insurance contract covering the cost of comprehensive health care (with coverage for at least 60.000 EUR in medical costs).The insurance has to be valid not only in the Czech Republic but also in Schengen area. It is recommended though not necessary to have a contract concluded with a Czech insurance company. You will be required to submit notarized Czech translation of your insurance contract and its general conditions, if these documents are in another language. You may also be requested to submit proof that you have paid the insurance premium for the entire period of the requested stay. This proof is issued by the insurance company. The Health/Medical insurance contract is presented after the application is approved and before the visa is affixed to your passport. You do not need to present the health insurance when you apply. 

Czech Health Insurance

We recommend that your insurance provider is officially registered on the list of authorized companies maintained by the Czech National Bank providers. We kindly recommend you to choose as your insurance provider. You may arrange your insurance contract online, following the link above.

You will be asked to provide them the exact dates for the insurance coverage and your Czech residence address (the address which is on the accommodation document you used when you applied for your visa).

Useful links

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic

Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Czech Republic

Please note that our university is obliged by law to report to Czech Ministry of the Interior any international student granted a long term visa/residence permit who does not commence their studies on the stipulated start date on their study program.